The first Cinema in Gostyń was opened on the 2nd of September 1925, in a room of Marksmen Society’s Shooting Range. It was a private venture. The cinema was named The Odeon. In the middle of 1925, the cinema's ownership changed. It was purchased by the Society of War Veterans. It was also moved to the Resursa (also known as Bomboniera - The Box of Chocolates ), a building under the current address of number 10, Powstańców Wielkopolskich St. In the following years, a number of initiatives which aimed at exhibiting movies appeared in Gostyń. Thus, The Odeon, The Corso, The Apollo and Słońce (The Sun) were opened and operated for some time. All of these were private businesses. They were located in the town’s restaurants – in Bomboniera - owned by Feliks Marczyński, or Władysław Jezierski’s The Polonia Hotel. In the local newspaper Orędownik Gostyński (Gostyń’s Intercessor) of 6th of April 1935, a note can be found that “The idea of creating in marshal’s Józef Piłsudski’s Social House in Gostyń – that started last year [i.e. between October and November 1934. Stanisław Kochowicz, a merchant and social activist was the initiator of building the said construction] is beginning to take shape. The place chosen for construction couldn’t be better – Dobramyśl St. [today’s E. Bojanowski St.]” It was Stanisław Eitner’s design that had been chosen. Perhaps the concept was the idea of an architect from Poznań, Lucjan Michałowski, as among his heritage, a drawing depicting a characteristic building of the initial cinema in Gostyń was found. The Building Committee of Marksmen Society’s Dayroom was established. On the 5th of June 1935 the cornerstone was laid. The marshal’s Józef Piłsudski’s Dayroom was opened by the end of 1935. On the 1st of April 1936 the decision to designate the building for the first permanent sound cinema in Gostyń was made. It was named The Sun. From that moment on, the cinema was a cultural and educational center in the Gostyń district. Apart from film screenings, the cinema was used as a theater for staged performances. During the time of the Nazi occupation, the building was used mostly as a meeting place for German officials. At that time, celebratory performances and poetic evenings dedicated to Hitler were organized in the building. Gostyń cinema resumed its original activity in May or June 1945. After several years, despite having a private owner (Kazimierz Galas), the cinema was nationalized in 1951 and taken over by the District Board of Cinemas in Poznań. The name was also changed to Nysa. The south hall had still a balcony for viewers, that could contain 45 people and access was restricted for adults only. The cinema was the setting of a dozen of show trials before the District Army Court of Poznań. The persons on trial were underground soldiers either arrested or those who surrendered voluntarily to the Communist government, from, among others, Marian “Kościuszko” Rączka’s squad (1946) and members of Armia Krajowa (Home Army) “Zawisza” squad (1950). Since 2005, the cinema has been called Pod Kopułą (Under the Dome), a name that was selected in a contest. The cinema is now administrated by Gostyń’s Cultural Center “Hutnik”.