According to the oldest existing document from 1301, the church existed on this spot since the 11th or 12th century. Originally, it was wooden structure. The current structure is brick and its oldest part was created at the beginning of the 14th century. Since then it has been repeatedly rebuilt. In 1910-12, the church was enlarged by the length of the nave, and the Gothic style was restored. The internal style is baroque. The figures of the saints were created by Andrzej Majchrzak from Karchowo (1864-1953). Until 1874, Benedictine monks from the Lubiń monastery served as the parish priests. St. Roch is also revered in the parish.