In 1907 a decision was made to build a new seat of the court in Gostyń. The old building, located on the corner of the Market Square and Zamkowa Street, did not meet the requirements any more. The area for the edifice was chosen in Nowa (New) street at the time. The place was purchased from Paulina Berger, maiden name Hanisch, the wife of a Prussian police sergeant. The contract was signed on 25 May 1907 and soon the construction works commenced. They took two years. A court house building with living quarters and a jail was erected. It is rectangular, two-floor, with a basement. It was built on an irregular plot, with four rectangular wings. It resembles the letter J. It is thought to have been designed by Emil Friede, Head of the Higher Construction Office in Zielona Góra. He certainly designed the court buildings in Nowa Sól and Głogów, which resemble the one in Gostyń very much. The first two projects and supervision over their construction resulted from the scope of professional duties of Emil Friede, the district architect. The edifice of the court in Gostyń is situated at today Sądowa street (Court street) number 1. It was built of ceramic brick, with a stone base, plastered, with the plain roofing tiles arranged in the so-called “lace”. The construction of the wooden rafters has a rafter – purlin arrangement. The ceilings have a steel – cement construction, in the basements there are segmental vaults and concrete floors. There are stone stairs leading to the basements. Inside the building there are cement floors and wood flooring. In the main body there is a brick staircase with a metal railing. Box windows. One stained-glass window. The doors are one- or two-winged, panel.
The representative façade – two-floor, three-axis. On the ground floor on the axis, the main entrance, in a grooved bond, closed with a segment arc with a profiled lintel. On the roof floor five one-axis attic rooms. The facades of the annexes are two-floor. The representative entrance in the body of the building with a dog-legged staircase in the hall, with a metal railing and floral motifs decorations. In the main corridor with groin vaults and door reveals with decorations in the form of chambranles. On the first floor, in the main trial room, stained-glass windows with iconographic motifs referring to the court activity: a lily and scales. There is also a wood paneling.
The first important investment works in the Gostyń court house began in October 1981. The extension of the building was commenced. A small building was added to the southern part of the building. First it served as the seat of the sports club Kania Gostyń. Since 1 May 1994 the rooms have been used as the seat of the court bailiff.
Further construction works took place in the 90s of the 20th century. The rooms were added where at present there is the office of the president of the district court in Gostyń and the secretariat. The works finished in 1997. The renovation of the roof was made between 2005 and 2006. At the same time the courtyard was laid with sett. In 2009 the archive of perpetual registers was extended.