At the end of the 19th century in today’s Kolejowa Street (earlier Dolska Street) there was a Jewish hotel and an inn owned by Pinkus Wacht. The owner pretended to be Polish. Thus, the inn was visited by Jews as well as Poles. In the first years of the 20th century Wacht – an elderly man then - sold the inn and the hotel to a German, Dohmen. He redesigned the establishment and opened The Dohmen hotel there in 1906. The hotel operated probably until 1918.
In 1922 Władysław Jezierski bought the place. He set up The Polonia hotel there. A festive opening of the hotel and a restaurant took place on the 18th November of that year. The venue operated until 1939. In the rooms of The Polonia hotel meetings of local organizations and lectures, as well as occasional commemorations and poetic evenings took place.
In one of the rooms of the hotel The Odeon cinema was started in 1928. The films were shown on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On 10th August 1929 a then popular film “Verdun” was presented. The cinema operated here until 1932, when it was transferred to The Bomboniera (The Box of Chocolates), belonging to Feliks Marczyński (today’s Powstańców Wielkopolskich Street No. 10). Only silent films were on there.
In the years of German occupation Deutsches Haus was located here. It included a hotel and a café. It was run by Reinhold Richter.
After the War had ended, The Polonia hotel was reestablished and it existed in Gostyń until mid-nineties of the 20th century. It also housed a restaurant and a café. The restaurant Biskupianka was the longest operating restaurant here.