The building was built at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. It was situated at 28 Leszczyńska Street at that time (today 10, Powstańców Wielkopolskich Street). Until 1919 it was the Kaiserhof Hotel owned by Oskar Gabriel. Till the end of the 1918 the most important town and district celebrations organized by the Prussians were held there.
On 11th May 1919, after purchasing the hotel, Józef Szyszka opened the Resursa Hotel with a restaurant there. Its previous owner decided not to acquire Polish nationality and left for Germany.
Since 1925 to 1928 the building served as a cinema, owned by The Association of War Invalids. It bought the enterprise from its private owners – Antoni Hołoga and Aleksander Thielmanm, and the cinema was moved from the shooting range of the Trigger Fraternity. Regular shows were introduced, which took place on Saturdays and Sundays.
On 22 March 1930 The Corso cinema was opened in this building. However, the owner of that enterprise has remained unknown so far. Modern projectors and electric power generating units were installed. Silent movies were accompanied by live music. The first displayed film was “Policmajster Tagiejew” (“The Policeman Tagiejew”), based on a novel by Gabriela Zapolska, which starred Eugeniusz Bodo. The repertoire was changed every week. The magazine “Orędownik Gostyński” informed in its adverts and announcements about each new movie and in the summer the shows were suspended. It is difficult to establish whether The Corso cinema resumed the activity in the autumn 1930 – there are no records about it in the local newspapers.
On 11 November 1930 The Apollo cinema, whose owner was the Association of War Invalids, started its operation. Again, it is impossible to determine how long it worked. In 1931 the building was purchased by Feliks Marczyński who opened a restaurant called Bomboniera (Box of Chocolates). He did not offer hotel services. On 14 January 1931 The Sun cinema started its operation there. The owner remains unknown. The debut of the cinema was the film “Romans Królowej Piękności” (“ The Queen of Beauty Love Affair”) and a week later a Polish film “Janko Muzykant” (“Johnny, the Fiddler”), based on a novel by Henryk Sienkiewicz. Soon, the cinema closed for a few weeks. Its activity started again on 25 March 1933, but closed definitely down after a few shows.
Bomboniera also served as a meeting place of local organizations and associations, like, among others, the performances of the “Fredreum” theatre and debates of the “Kania Gostyń” Sports Club. Feliks Marczyński, a reserve officer, the owner of the building and the restaurant, the activist of the “Fredreum” and “Kania” lost his life in Katyń.
After 1945 the building was occupied by the headquarters of Citizens’ Militia and from 1983 to 1997 the Revenue Office had its seat there. Today it is privately owned.